The Devil’s Golf Course is a huge area of of rock salt left behind when the lake which used to cover the area evaporated about 10,000 years ago. The rock salt has been formed by the elements into jagged peaks. The area was apparently named for a line in a 1930’s National Park Service Death Valley guide book, speculating that “only the devil could play golf” there! To view the virtual tours at full screen size, please click on the thumbnails, or the plugin details next to the thumbnail.
The Devil’s Golf Course, Death Valley